A Message From Nicole
Dear friends and family,
I have decided to run the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon, alongside one of my closest friends, with Team for Kids. I am asking for your support of TFK's inspiring mission.
What is Team for Kids?
Team for Kids is a team of adult runners who raise funds for critical services provided by New York Road Runners Youth Programs. These programs combat childhood obesity and empower youth development via running and character-building programs across the country.
Why Team for Kids?
1. We have seen first hand how running can foster a friendship and empowerment and are excited to help bring the same benefit to children in need of support.
2. As a pediatric audiologist, I know the impact that community programs can have on a child and I hope to be able to have even a small hand in helping!
Where do the donations go?
Your giving helps New York Road Runners Youth Programs to:
- Serve more than 200,000 students locally and nationally through free NYRR youth running programs, events, and resources, including more than 120,000 in New York City’s five boroughs.
- Reach children of all fitness levels and athleticism, with a heightened focus on reaching out-of-shape and overweight kids with little or no athletic experience.
- Prevent overweight or obese children from eventually suffering heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other chronic illnesses that lead to health-care costs in excess of $100 billion annually.
How to Help
Making a donation is easy! And any truly amount helps! You can click on the Donate button on this page to give through my secure fundraising site. You can also find information there about where to write a check, or how to get your company to match your gift here! All contributions are tax-deductible.
Whether you are a runner, have worked with children, or have kids yourself, I hope you will join me to further this great cause!
See you at the finish line!