TCS New York City Marathon Baggage & Transportation Information
For the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon, Baggage and Transportation selections open on August 1, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. ET. All New York Road Runners Team for Kids runners are required to choose between two baggage options and several official transportation options for race day.
Please review your options below and make your selections through your NYRR profile. All baggage and transportation options are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so act fast! The deadline to make your selections is September 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Please note: You must be fully registered for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon in order to make baggage and transportation selections. If you have not been receiving TCS New York City Marathon emails from NYRR regarding baggage and transportation, please make sure you are registered for the race by logging into your NYRR profile and looking for the TCS New York City Marathon on your Dashboard under "Registered Events". If you do not see the event listed, please register by accepting the invitation code previously sent from [email protected]
- Bag Check -- Check a bag on race day at a designated Team for Kids baggage truck in the Start Village and it will be transported to the TFK post-finish tent in Central Park. You can also choose to have your bag transported through to the general baggage pick-up area in Central Park, approximately three-quarters of a mile or one mile from the finish line, depending on your race number. Runners selecting Bag Check will not receive a post-race poncho.
- Post-Race Poncho -- Forgo baggage check and receive a Marathon Finish Poncho (pictured above) at the TFK post-finish tent, or through the general runner poncho exit. If you choose the post-race poncho option, you will not be able to check a bag to bring any of your belongings from the start to the finish area.
- This year, the exclusive private transportation option for TFK runners will be via ferry. Team for Kids will not have buses leaving from Midtown Manhattan.
- As a TFK runner, you are not automatically assigned to the TFK Ferry. You must choose one of the transportation options offered in your NYRR profile or you will be responsible for your own transportation on race day. If you do not see the TFK Ferry option when making your transportation selection, please make sure you are registered for the race, following the instructions provided above.
- TFK runners can choose from all transportation options available through NYRR. This includes all of the general transportation options and one private TFK option (i.e., the TFK Ferry). The TFK Ferry is only open to active 2019 TCS New York City Marathon TFK members. Friends or family who are not on the TFK team will not be able to select the TFK Ferry as a transportation option.
- The private TFK Ferry to the start will depart from East 34th Street and FDR Drive. You will not be selecting a departure time now; there will be multiple departure times from this location and you will be assigned a departure time in October based on your Wave assignment.
- Please note: for all transportation options, location and times are subject to change.
Please follow the steps below to select your baggage and transportation preferences:
- Log into your NYRR Account
- Go to "Dashboard"
- Scroll to "Upcoming Events"
- Find the "2019 TCS New York City Marathon"
- Click "add" next to Baggage and Transportation
- Make your selections and submit!
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions regarding your registration status.