TCS New York City Marathon Baggage & Transportation Information
For the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon, Baggage and Transportation selections open on August 2, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. ET. All New York Road Runners Team for Kids runners are required to choose between two baggage options and several official transportation options for race day.
Please see below for your choices and make your selection through your My NYRR profile. All baggage and transportation options are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so act fast! The deadline to make your selections is September 5, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Bag Check -- Check a bag on race day at a designated Team for Kids baggage truck in the start village and it will be transported to the Team for Kids post-finish tent in Central Park. Runners selecting Bag Check will NOT receive a post-race poncho.
- Post-Race Poncho -- Forgo baggage check and receive a Marathon Finish Poncho at the Team for Kids post-finish tent, or through the general runner poncho exit. If you choose the post-race poncho option, you will not be able to check a bag nor bring any of your belongings from the start to the finish area.
- As a TFK runner, you are not automatically assigned to the TFK Ferry. You must choose one of the transportation options offered in MyNYRR or you will not be assigned to any transportation.
- Team for Kids runners can choose from all the transportation options available in My NYRR. This includes all of the general transportation options and one private TFK Ferry option. The Team for Kids Ferry is only open to active 2018 TCS New York City Marathon TFK members. Friends or family not on the TFK team will not be able to select the Team for Kids Ferry as a transportation option.
- The private Team for Kids Ferry to the start will depart from East 34th Street and FDR Drive. There will be multiple departure times from this location and you will be assigned a departure time in October based on your Wave assignment.
- Please note for all transportation options, location and times are subject to change.
Please follow the steps below to select your baggage and transportation preferences:
- Log in to My NYRR
- Select the Races and Registration tab on the left side, under the My NYRR heading.
- Scroll to 2018 TCS New York City Marathon on your dashboard.
- Make your baggage and transportation choices and submit!
If you do not see the TFK Ferry option when you go to make your transportation option and have not been receiving NYRR TCS New York City Marathon emails from NYRR regarding baggage and transportation, please make sure you are registered! Email [email protected] if you have any questions regarding your registration status.
Note, your baggage and transportation options will only be available once you have completed your registration for the TCS New York City Marathon. Please accept your invitation code (previously e-mailed from [email protected]) as soon as possible to gain access to this selection system.