TCS New York City Marathon Baggage Pre-Check, Transportation, and Bib Pickup Information
For the 2023 TCS New York City Marathon, Baggage Pre-check, Transportation, and Bib Pickup timeslot selections will open on August 16, 2023. All New York Road Runners Team for Kids runners are required to choose an option in each of the three categories.
Please review your options below and make your selections through your NYRR profile
. The deadline to make your selections is September 12, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
You must be fully registered for the 2023 TCS New York City Marathon in order to make your selections.
Please make sure you are registered for the race by logging into your NYRR profile
and looking for the TCS New York City Marathon on your Dashboard under "Registered Events." If you do not see the event listed, please register by accepting the invitation code previously sent from [email protected]
Be advised, runners will NOT be able to check a bag at the start and have it transported to the finish. Rather, you will have the option to pre-check a bag from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4 in Central Park and retrieve it after you finish. All runners will receive a poncho, regardless of whether they pre-check a bag.
TFK's exclusive transportation option is the Eastside ferry departing from East 35th Street and FDR Drive.
- As a TFK runner, you are not automatically assigned to the TFK Ferry. You must choose one of the transportation options offered in your NYRR profile or you will be responsible for your own transportation on race day.
- TFK runners can choose from all transportation options available through NYRR. This includes all of the general transportation options and one private TFK option (i.e., the TFK Ferry).
- The TFK Ferry is only open to active 2023 TCS New York City Marathon TFK members. Friends or family who are not on the TFK team will not be able to select the TFK Ferry as a transportation option.
- TFK runners will not select a specific TFK Ferry departure time. For now, you will select "TFK Ferry," and you will be assigned a departure time once your bib has been assigned to make sure your ferry will get you to the start in time.
Click here to see all of the transportation options offered by NYRR.
Please note: for all transportation options, location and times are subject to change.
Bib Pickup Options:
Runners will need to make an appointment to pick up their bib in person at the expo. It is required that you come to pick up your bib at your appointed time. Time slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please follow the steps below to select your baggage and transportation preferences starting on Wednesday, August 16:
2. Go to "Dashboard"
3. Under notifications, you may see “Action needed: Select your 2023 TCS New York City Marathon Baggage option today!” This link will take you to the selection process.
4. If this notification does not appear, scroll to "Registered Events"
5. Find the "2023 TCS New York City Marathon"
6. Click "add" next to Baggage Pre-check, Transportation, and Bib Pick Up
7. You will be asked to make each selection individually. Once a selection is made and saved on each component, you will be returned to the top of the page. Repeat the process to complete all of your selections. You will receive a confirmation email for each selection made. Once completed, you will also see your selections in your profile. **Please note that it may take several minutes for your selections to appear on your Dashboard.
Please email [email protected]
if you have any questions regarding your registration status.